Friday, February 5, 2010

Bed Bar – My Virgin Access

I was 20 when I first read article about Bed Bar, the most famous gay-oriented bar in the Philippines. From that time my curiosity in the place increased and promised myself that I will go no matter what it takes. I will fly from Davao City to Manila to experience gay life in the Big City.

Friday – April 3, 2009 all curiosity that I had 9 years ago about Bed Bar was answered. It was a night full of laughter, dancing, drinking and of fun during my vacation in the Philippines from working here in Dubai.

When we were at the Entrance with my cousin Charlie, I already have idea what will happen. I hesitantly asked the lady on the ticket booth of what is inside and she asked me if I’m straight. I only answered her smile and she immediately teased me “uyyyyy! Si Sir pa-effect!” which means she did not instantly recognise me as gay.

We entered the place quite early and found out that there were less people inside, so we decided to sit on the nearby bar. After a round of beer we decided to get inside and were surprised how the place attracted club goers to its maximum capacity.

This is it, the party of a lifetime. I saw different gay people on their best look drinking and dancing with gorgeous hunk men half naked dancing on the top of the ledge. I was so happy and enjoying every minute. When suddenly, Charlie grabbed me to the side and wants me to meet a common friend. It was Joseph, a gay guy from Lebanon whom we’ve met and fucked with in Dubai. He loves Pinoys so much. I was overwhelmed to see him in the place and want to show how warm Filipinos are but he asked me if I am drunk. I think I scared him instead of showing my hospitality.

Then I met Doc Tony who used to take photos in the place and gave the password to access his gallery online. I also met Mugen, a blogger whom I followed for some time. He was one of the personalities I am planning to meet during my vacation and it happened unexpectedly. I was also invited by a group of 3 to go with them after the night but was so scared to dive in because I don’t know the city very well. Public Display of Affection was also very open and rampant, I saw couples holding their hands together and kissing without care to others.

The staff and waiters are very friendly as well and very sensitive on the guests’ needs. No wonder why this bar, despite the crisis still pass the border line. Still the most visited gay dance club in the Philippines.

The night ended with coffee on the street in front of Silya. It was very memorable. My curiosity in the place was not only answered but I met people who can understand each other. I feel like a cell phone fully charged by the good vibes I get from the place.

The following day, Saturday, we went back (hehehe!) and still have fun.

Now, memories are still on and going back to Bed Bar is still on my list to visit when I will have my vacation this December. My virgin pass was a great pleasure that needs to be revisited if not regularly.

Ciao!

No comments: