Wednesday, November 19, 2008

To Use or Not to Use!

I applied for a credit card last month and after a week it was delivered on my doorstep. On the process I received a call for background checking. I’m quite amazed that the person (Filipino) on the line was telling me to lie if incase other party will call again to do the same procedure. He told me that we met in person and I showed him the original copy of my passport and my pay slip even though we did not. Hahahaha!!! But he was so helpful and he will maximize my credit limit even beyond against my salary.
Anyway, the credit card is on my hand for a month now and I feel so hesitant to use it. I even received a call by that Filipino who processed asking me to utilize it and giving me advice how to withdraw cash with less interest. Again, I was amazed. How can they trust people this easy? Maybe, I was just paranoid. It’s too hard to get a credit card in the Philippines and you need tens of identification before a single purchase.

I want to swipe a DSLR Camera that would cost me Dhs. 3,600 or US $ 1,000.00 on my first transaction although I have already a point and shoot DigiCam. I really wanted to pursue my love in Photography but my incoming vacation this April is holding me back to do so. I need enough “BAON” to the Philippines very badly.

Well, the last decision will be mine. I am now browsing the net on how to use the Credit Card wisely because I want a gift for myself this Christmas. Here are some tips:
1. Pay your bills as soon as they arrive.
2. Try to pay more than the minimum balance.
3. Use only one rewards card.
4. Transfer higher-rate balances to a lower-rate card, then stop using the higher-rate card.

Source: ehow.com

3 comments:

Last Row Traveler said...

dude, tip lang...

you might want to remove the pic of your card, if that is yours.

it shows your card number and name, delikado :)

peace!

Pinoy Wit said...

sa totoo lang mas madali na ngayon kumuha ng credit card sa pinas. pinadalhan ba naman ako last month ng credit card kahit hindi ako nag apply. marketing strategy daw nila. haha

Johnonymous said...

Ay, mag-ingat sa paggamit ng credit card lalo na dyan sa Dubai!

It will take your earnings easily. I was in that situation once... Just keep it safely... By the way even the number shows, pakitanggal lang pls...