Thursday, January 15, 2009

Lesson for Today

“Consider troubles as a challenge to push yourself and crisis as opportunity to grow.” This was the phrase that struck me most during our training this afternoon conducted by our HR Manger – Ms. Rakhi, very effective and convincing speaker that you will opt to listen from start to end.

“In these hard times, we have to be positive and always look forward for a bright future. Always bear in mind that there is always light at the end of the tunnel. If there is life, there is hope. This is the time for us to analyze and evaluate ourselves on how far we exceed guests’ satisfaction and realize how well we work together with our colleagues and the owners of the hotel. This is the time while the occupancy is still low, to get training and be the ready for the next phase of the future.

The hotel is now doing necessary measures to cut operational cost. From energy to supplies and from manpower to system change that could save most. Guests will be checked-in in tower A leaving the tower B empty while the occupancy is still low. The use of electricity, water and other supplies will be monitored closely.

I am very proud that our hotel did not settle to an option that will terminate us, staff.

For the past 2 months I keep on complaining to myself of how global crisis affects me as a person. My source of income gets lesser and yet the demand from my family increases. My vacation is fast approaching and plans did not materialize yet. I keep on thinking on how to get extra income but no to avail. Obligations hit at its highest level when you have the less capacity to settle, whew!

Come what may as the famous line goes. Anyway, I still have food to eat. Let the future decide what I should be and let the problem worries itself. Be optimistic.

4 comments:

. said...

Sabi nga nila nagkakaroon ng crisis ang Dubai ngayon. I wish you well dude.

Richard the Lionheart said...

I hope hindi ka magaya sa kapatid ko na nalay off sa Dubai...

Just pray...




Lets adventure!

MrCens said...

@ Mugen & Richard: salamat ng marami sa pagcomment. feel so happy, yehey!!!

Mac Callister said...

i love your photo header!