Saturday, October 25, 2008

Shout for Joy!

I almost shout for joy and jump for excitement when I knew that my most hated colleague was terminated. And, it is not only me who was very happy about what happened but the majority of our team members too.

This colleague is very selfish, greedy, arrogant and rude almost all the time we’ve been working together. I am not talking to him for months now and keep on praying that we will be working on different shift because he really ruins my day every time I see him. We tried to report his inhuman character to our supervisors but it seems that his luck is still at his hands until last Saturday.

I feel so comfortable working during his 45 days vacation from the whole month of September until mid of October this year. I get more relaxed when he works on different shift when he came after vacation. But last week, he requested from our Supervisor to be on my shift that makes me feel so bad because it was granted. I went to church and prayed for him that we will be having an acceptable working condition when he comes to duty.

Last Monday, was his first duty with me from his vacation. As usual, he made us suffer of his unworthiness. The following day he was requested not to come for work and last Saturday, the judgment day, he was terminated together with 3 others for making a monkey business.

I almost shout for joy and jump for excitement when I knew it. But part of my heart is asking me, is he really deserve the punishment? He has family that depends on him too like me.

It is really true that you will see the value of a person / thing when it is gone. Hope that this incident will teach me a lesson and be prepared of the challenges to come.

Good luck!

No comments: