Monday, December 1, 2008

Christmas on the Air!

Shit, pasko na! that was I told to myself (secretly) as I heard the choir singing a Christmas Carol on their final song. I attended Sunday Mass yesterday and decided to seat away from my friends and colleagues so that I cam concentrate well. I get so emotional, sad, and helpless.

Christmas is the most wonderful time of the year. And for this incoming festive season, I will celebrate it lesser because I am here in Dubai. I am far from my family and from my beloved country, Philippines – the longest Christmas celebration you can find in the world.

The song was (to the tune of: “O little town of Bethlehem 1st Melody)

This Advent we await God’s reign
When greed and hate shall cease
And kindness dwells in human hearts
And all of us find peace.

O God of holiness and grace,
Illuminate this hour
With hope that we shall see Christ’s face
When he returns with power …

2 comments:

yAnaH said...

merry christmas julius...
lets just make the most out of it...
hey, we'll be having long holiday this week,
oh i guess u wont have it.,... you work in a hotel right?

Johnonymous said...

Merry Christmas, Jules!

Don't worry, ganun talaga!