Monday, December 1, 2008

HIV / AIDS

I first (and the last as of this time) met a person with HIV / AIDS was in October of 1994. Ms. Sarah Jane Salazar visited our school to educate high school students about the disease. Even though I was just 14 then, the message was so clear – that HIV / AIDS cannot be cured and will kill you once infected.

14 was the start of my active sex life. At that age, I visit Movie Houses almost twice a week just to satisfy my needs. When I was asked why I came home late, I just answered school project. When my elder sister asked me why I have plenty of money (from my clients, hehehe…), I just answered from “PALUWAGAN.”

14 years later, the Chronicles of E BlogSpot crossed my PC’s screen. Unlike Sarah that I saw in person, E wasn’t. But his thoughts and experiences were so interesting, informative, and real that help me broaden my knowledge. He can even give you a personalize message if you need. I wonder, of all the people, why he was infected when he is so smart, intelligent and well rounded person.

14% is my doubt that I might get the virus because of my past experiences but the remaining 86% is sure that I’m not. My Medical Clearance, a requirement to work abroad, will prove that.

What if time will come that I will be infected of this deadly disease, can I handle my life peacefully as what E is doing now? Or I will just jump in the building to kill myself. HIV / AIDS will come to you on your least expected time, you can’t tell. “Sino ba ang may gusto nito? Ikaw, gusto mo?!”

1 comment:

yAnaH said...

please email me your mobile number or any number where i can contact you so i can call you, ive appointment on friday, but i will try to find time for you and i will be coming all th4e way from sharjah..... here's my email add: angel_yanah@yahoo.com