Thursday, December 11, 2008

Busy, busyhan....

I made this post (save it on my files) a week ago. Unfortunately, I got the chance to post it online only today because I am OFF and was so busy from the past few days...

12 hours is my time to work. It includes my whole shift, preparing myself and the transportation going back and forth. 6 hours or less for sleeping and the remaining 6 hours are for my personal stuff. I spend it going to gym but not regularly; to church but not often; socialization to others occasionally; and mostly internet. Basically, 24 hours is not enough for me to finish what I think to be done in a day.

Time management is what experts are telling me to achieve goals. I tried reading books and other related articles to equip me on battling my poor time management. There are some that I applied for months now and some were just add on to my confusions because of their contradicting views. What if, you think that your time is not enough and you still want to push yourself to the limit or beyond? When is enough and when is not?

Come May 2009 is my 4th year in Dubai. For those years, I found out that my life is just simply boring. I earn and I spend. I don’t even have savings except, that I financed my sister’s medical expenses on her last few months on earth and her burial last February 2007; my brother’s college who got his girlfriend pregnant after his graduation and of course my monthly “padala” that is always not enough according to them. I go out once and a while (to buy pleasure but not sex) but at the end of the day, you will ask yourself if it’s worth your time and money.

On my desire to give twist on my daily schedule, I volunteered for the 5th Dubai International Film Festival. We had our first meeting last December 3 and I will start my work on December 10. I committed 6 hours daily for 8 consecutive days to them for free. Is this worthy? I don’t know, but it is “no retreat, no surrender” since I already signed the contract with them.

In addition, I met the President of Lightform Photography Club last December 5 at Zabeel Park. I enrolled for Basic Photography Course that they will start this January 2009. I feel great! I saw new faces and met my online friend (blogger) in the place whom I just knew, Yanah.

These new endeavors in my life would mean a lot to me although I feel hesitant if I can handle it smoothly and responsibly. Regular activities might be sacrificed and big adjustments are needed for my plans to work. I am hoping that everything will go to its proper place on its proper time as planned.

“Kung gusto may paraan. Kapag ayaw may dahilan.”

No comments: