Thursday, December 11, 2008

5th Dubai International Film Festival

When Manny Pacquiao knocked out Oscar Dela Hoya on the 8th round of their professional boxing in Las Vegas , Dela Hoya reacted: “My heart still wants to fight but my body did not respond to it.” Hurting, right?

I was on the same feeling when I attended my first training for the 5th Dubai International Film Festival at Madinat Jumeirah, Mina Asalam. I know by heart that I want this not for the freebies but for the experience that will make me happy, proud and better person from this challenge.

The whole training was not organized as most of them were busy preparing for the main event. The worst part was everybody talks English effortlessly. Basically, I was on myself alone coz I was not able to find individual approachable enough for me to be with. I feel so helpless and so hesitant to express my feeling because of my poor communication skills. Everything was new to me. My heart is begging me to press on but was so insecure to move on the next step. At the end, I went home with frustrations. I did not make it on the position that I wanted because of insecurity. They knocked me out!

No comments: