Friday, March 13, 2009

My aching tooth was removed!!!

Yesterday, March 12 was my tooth extraction. I remember my mother treats us with cold snack every after visit to our dentist. But since I am in Dubai and she’s not around to gave me courage that tooth extraction is just like “kagat lang ng langgam,” I will do the same thing, but later after the procedure.

To be honest, I was hesitant to go back on my dentist’s appointment because I am set to take my vacation on April 1 (20 more days to go), I am thinking that I will do it in the Philippines. Second, I am scared, the dentist is an Indian. I am not racist but the first time I saw him during consultation give me anxiety. And third, it’s not paining anymore, maybe because of the medicines I am taking. The only thing that gave me courage to push through what is set for the day are the friendly Filipino staff who always wear their perfect smile every time I step in to their clinic and the expenses I made on my first visit, of course.

I came 10 minutes earlier on the scheduled time and again I was welcomed with 5 friendly Filipinos staff and an Indian lady. The 3 Filipinos are about to leave for the day and the other 2 is to relieve those who will end the shift. They include me on their discussions about where is the best place to shop though shy to bat in my opinions.

Few minutes after, the doctor came and Andrew his assistant asked me to go up with him for they will start the operation. We went inside the room and I sat on the dental chair. Andrew prepares the stuff while the doctor is wearing the gloves. Moments after, the doctor inject the anaesthesia to my gums, “para nga talagang kagat lang ng langgam!” in less than 3-5 minutes, my aching tooth was removed, a great feeling! I thanked them all and leave the place.

And, for the finale…

... a halo-halo treat for my self.

By the way, i took the pictures by myself this time. Have to practice before my vacation. Otherwise, my camera will not give me best results...

1 comment:

. said...

Hey gumaganda ang mga kuha mo ah!