Monday, March 9, 2009

Ouchhh!!! I have toothache...

We were watching “Ang Babaeng Hinugot sa Tadyang” over GMA Pinoy TV when my roommate Bobby open a packet of DINGDONG, a 5 in 1 mixed nuts. He empties it over a plastic container of ice cream and handed over to me. It looks like a Box of Chocolate (you didn’t know which one to get) over my hand. My eyes were dazzled by the different shapes and colours of the nuts. I grasp an ample amount and drop it into my mouth not thinking how hard the nuts are. I chew more than I can bite, hehehe!!!

Minutes later, I heared “tik”, a sound that catches my attention. There was a hard object that breaks inside my mouth. I don’t mind it because I taught that it was just the grinding sound of the nuts. After I finish chewing, I feel vacant space in between my upper right teeth. I rushed to the mirror, checked and found out that I lost half of my tooth. It’s good that it was not from my front teeth. I went back to my bed, continue eating the nuts and nailed back my attention to the TV.

After an hour, I feel microorganisms drilling a hole on my broken tooth. It gave me a ticklish feeling at first but after sometime; it gave me a terrible pain. Ouch! A pain that rolled over to all parts of my head. I can’t sleep, can’t read, I can’t standstill even for I have to press my head to the pillows just to ease the pain.

I’m not comfortable of oral medication, but when my roommate gave me medicine, I took it immediately. Good that it eased the pain and I was able to get a sleep.

My work that night was a hell experience. Microorganisms attacked again my broken tooth. They did not drill a hole this time, but they did a huge party having unlimited food and drinks complimented with a high powered sound system that made me in great pain. Ouch to the maximum level…

The following day, I rushed to a Dental Clinic which is 30 mins away from my accommodation. I filled up the registration and waited for my turn at the waiting area. After 15 minutes, the receptionist asked me to go up and wait upstairs.

“Mr. Julius” a Filipino, chinito and gwapo on his late 20 exclaimed. I raised my hand in followed him to the room. “Are you the Dentist?” I asked him because he really looks like a doctor. “No! assistant lang po ako” and turned his head to the dentist, an old Indian. What a Fuck! But don’t have a choice, the pain should be removed or else I will jump off from a 40 storey building.

I lay down to the dental chair and the dentist checked my teeth. “Oops! I can’t remove this. Your gum is swelling” the doctor said. “Doc, please! I can’t bare the pain anymore and I am living too far from the clinic” I explained to him. The Filipino assistant responded: “Baka ikaw ang sumuko Sir, di tumatalab ang anaesthesia kapag namaga” and struck me. “Ok! When do you want me to come back?” I asked them. “On Wednesday!” the doctor answered while giving me his prescription of medicines for me to buy. I thanked and said goodbye to them and proceeded to their counter to pay. It gave me more pain when I found out that I will pay Dhs. 85 (Php. 1,100) for that less than a minute consultation. I went to Pharmacy and then again the price of the medicines added more pain, Dhs. 106 (Php 1,350) for a 5-day medication. I took taxi and went home straight, the fare: Dhs. 65 (Dhs. 850). Hahaizzz! Di pa ako kumain sa lakad na to. I already spend Dhs. 250 and yet the deadly pain is still on my head. It will cost me another Dhs. 150 for the extraction plus the medicines after the procedure. Another hahaizzz!

Ang hirap magkasakit abroad! You really don’t know what to do. You have friends but their care and service for you is very limited for they have work. They have their own priorities too. I called my mother and it eased the pain a little bit. I am so distressed. I am crying alone. Bhogs called up but don’t have the mode to even answer him or even inform him my situation for I know he can’t help.

Now, I am drinking 3 kinds of tablets every 6 hours plus the medicine that Bobby asked me to take. It stops the pain but the pain comes back after 5-6 hours. The only advantage I can see from this situation was not eating enough food. Meaning, I eat less and I will loose weight. I will be sexier, hahaha!!! But my back is aching from lying on my bed so much of my time.

I am hoping that this agony of mine will not take long. I am so affected. I cant work, eat and sleep properly. I am dying (joke!)… I’m not ready yet!

See you on Wednesday – The extraction of my damage tooth.

No comments: