Sunday, February 22, 2009

81st Oscar Awards

The best moment I had while watching (live) the 81st Oscar Awards was during the acceptance speech of Dustin Lance Black who won the best in Original Screenplay for the movie MILK.

I found myself into tears when he gave his thanks to the people he loved and inspired him to be at his best, very emotional...
He is a hero.

Excerpts: I wanna? I wanna thank my mom, who has always loved me for who I am even when there was pressure not to. But most of all, if Harvey had not been taken from us 30 years ago, I think he'd want me to say to all of the gay and lesbian kids out there tonight who have been told that they are less than by their churches, by the government or by their families, that you are beautiful, wonderful creatures of value and that no matter what anyone tells you, God does love you and that very soon, I promise you, you will have equal rights federally, across this great nation of ours. Thank you. Thank you. And thank you, God, for giving us Harvey Milk. (Oscar.com)


Click for full:

I was also very happy when Sean Penn (MILK) won the best actor. Unfortunately, it was not shown here in Dubai because of homosexuality issue. Sigh...

2 comments:

Mac Callister said...

are you kidding me?me too!haha im in tears watching that guy who won for the screenplay hehe

i love milk.galing ni sean penn.

and si hugh jackman ang galing mag host!panalo yung opening niya i never thought he could sing and dance!

MrCens said...

oo... di nga pinalabas ang milk dito sa dubai. bad trip nga eh!

kaya pag-uwi ko dyan, save mo ako ng pirated (clear ha!) na copy ha...